08 | Community Reintegration
I live with the things that I have and those that I can do, not with the things that I have lost.
Martin, after his discharge
- Forchheimer M and Tate DG. Enhancing community re-integration following spinal cord injury. NeuroRehabilitation. 2004; 19(2): 103-113.
- Scelza WM, Kirshblum SC, Wuermser LA, Ho CH, Priebe MM, Chiodo AE. Spinal cord injury medicine. 4. Community reintegration after spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88(3)Suppl.1: S71-S75.
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Evidence (SCIRE). Community Reintegration. [Internet] 17 May 2012. Available from: http://www.scireproject.com/om-toolkit/community-reintegration. Accessed April 2015.
- World Health Organization. International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- Meyer T, Gutenbrunner C, Bickenbach JE, Cieza A, Melvin J, Stucki G. Towards a conceptual description of rehabilitation as a health strategy. J Rehabil Med. 2011; 43(9): 765-769.
- Bickenbach J et al. Chapter 4: Health care and rehabilitation needs. In: Bickenbach J, Officer A, Shakespeare T, von Groote P. Eds. International perspectives on spinal cord injury. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2013. p. 67-91.
- Dijkers M. Community integration: Conceptual issues and measurement approaches in rehabilitation research. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 1998; 4(1): 1-15.
- Boschen KA, Tonack M, Gargaro J. Long-term adjustment and community reintegration following spinal cord injury. Int J Rehab Res. 2003; 26(3): 157-164.
- Noreau L, Fougeyrollas P. Long-term consequences of spinal cord injury on social participation: The occurrence of handicap situations. Disabil and Rehab. 2000; 22(4): 170-180.
- Tate DG, Forchheimer M. Enhancing community reintegration after inpatient rehabilitation for persons with spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 1998; 4(1): 42-55.
- Nosek MA, Parker RM, Larsen S. Psychosocial independence and functional abilities: Their relationship in adults with severe musculoskeletal impairments. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1987; 68(12): 840-845.
- Kendall MB, Ungerer G, Dorsett P. Bridging the gap: Transitional rehabilitation services for people with spinal cord injury. Disabil and Rehab. 2003; 25(17): 1008-1015.