13 | SCI in Adolescence and Peer Relationships
At the end of the three-week Rehab-Cycle® a final assessment was completed, and Gabi’s progress in the intervention targets was evaluated to see whether the goals that she and her rehabilitation team set in the beginning of the Rehab-Cycle® were achieved.
- Elliot GR, Feldman SS. At the threshold: The developing adolescent. Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA): Harvard University Press; 1990. p. 1-15.
- Kinavey, C. Adolescents born with spina bifida: Experiential worlds and biopsychosocial developmental challenges. Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs. 2007; 30(4): 147-164.
- Mukherjee, S. Transition to adulthood in spina bifida: changing roles and expectations. Scientific World Journal. 2007; 7: 1890-1895.
- Skär RN. Peer and adult relationships of adolescents with disabilities. J Adol. 2003; 26: 635-649.
- Ridosh M, Braun P, Roux G, Bellin M, Sawin K. Transition in young adults with spina bifida: A qualitative study. Child: Care, Health and Development. 2011; 37(6): 866-874.
- International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF). Spina bifida - Factsheet. [Internet] Available from: http://www.ifglobal.org/en/spina-bifida. Accessed March 2016.
- Fletcher JM, Brei TJ. Introduction: Spina bifida – A multidisciplinary perspective. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010; 16(1): 1-5.
- Bickenbach J, Officer A, Shakespeare T, von Groote P. (eds.) International perspectives on spinal cord injury (IPSCI). Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2013.
- International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF). Strategic plan 2015-2017. [Internet] Available from: http://www.ifglobal.org/en/. Accessed March 2016.
- Barf HA, Post MWM, Verhoef M, Jennekens-Schinkel AJ, Gooskens RHJM, Prevo AJ. Restrictions in social participation of young adults with spina bifida. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2009; 31(11): 921-927.
- Holmbeck GN, Devine KA. Psychosocial and family functioning in spina bifida. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010; 16(1): 40-46.
- Sawyer SM, Macnee S. Transition to adult health care for adolescents with spinal bifida: Research issues. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010; 16(1): 60-65.
- Liptak GS, El Samra A. Optimizing health care for children with spina bifida. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010; 16(1): 66-75.
- World Health Organization (WHO). International Classification of Diseases 11th revision (ICD-11) beta-browser. Geneva, Switzerland. [Internet] Updated March 2016. Available from: http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd11/browse/f/en. Accessed March 2016.
- World Health Organization. International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- Roux G, Sawin KJ, Bellin M, Buran CF, Brei TJ. The experience of adolescent women living with spina bifida. Part II: Peer relationships. Rehabil Nurs. 2007; 32(3): 112-119.